Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 June 2016

Book Review: The Bestseller she wrote.




Name- The Bestseller she wrote.

Author- Ravi Subramanian.

Rating- 3 out of 5.

This book means a lot to me. I make this statement from a point of view that disregards how the book is. I pertain to the fact that this book found me at a time which could not have been more appropriate. (Or if I were to consider it non-poetically, I found this book on a shelf in Crosswords, Nagpur. I immediately procured it on my kindle and read it. Smart and money-saving move, wouldn't you say?:P) So, I was completely out of tuning when it came to reading books and this book, rather fast paced as it was, helped me to strike the right chords with books again.

Please spare me for that sentimental reverie of mine. I will move on the book without a jiffy's delay. History has it that Ravi Subramanian's books have always been linked to the banking world. For people who would cut my throat and frame me a liar, I add the prefix 'most'. Well most of them have been. Though this book does not lack these 'trademarked' banking connections, it primarily revolves around the writing world. The realm of authors and bestsellers. This was a much welcome change for me.

The book features the life of Aditya Kapoor who plays the cliched boring banker turned happy author. With a doting wife, adoring child, a profitable job at the bank and a passion and perfection in writing, Aditya's life is replete with joy and happiness. But enter Shreya Kasuhik, an aspiring ambitious author who can kill with her beauty and charms. Aditya falls prey to her charms and is caught between a dutiful wife and youthful love which makes his family crumble right in front of his eyes. As if this were not enough, someone is hell bent on jeopardizing Aditya's career and would stoop to any means to make him bite the dust.

As I mentioned earlier, the book is remarkably fast paced. However I found the plot pretty much simple and straight. The plot does not make one go,' What!! How can this be...?' as I expected it to having read other books by the author. The book does quite a little to mete with the readers' demand for ample and nail-biting twists.However, the portrayal of human emotions has been done rather beautifully.

Overall the 'bestseller she wrote' is certainly not the 'best bestseller he (Ravi) wrote'. However it can certainly make a good read for those who have a penchant for reading fast paced thrillers.

P.S- Please note that this was my first book I read on kindle. (Yess, that is me showing off. :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment